Helmerich & Payne ( HP) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Helmerich & Payne fell $0.72 (-1.1%) to $62.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 993,918 shares of Helmerich & Payne exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,261,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $62.78-$64.37 after having opened the day at $64.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.66. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Cubic Energy ( QBC), down 12.1%, Quicksilver Resources ( KWK), down 7.2%, Panhandle Oil and Gas ( PHX), down 5.9% and Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), down 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Helmerich & Payne Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.