Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation fell $1.45 (-1.3%) to $112.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,219,333 shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 993,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $111.94-$116.73 after having opened the day at $114.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $114.00. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Kid Brands ( KID), down 4.5%, Koss Corporation ( KOSS), down 3.5%, Leapfrog ( LF), down 3.4% and SGOCO Group ( SGOC), down 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.