Silver Wheaton Corporation ( SLW) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Silver Wheaton Corporation fell $1.49 (-7.7%) to $17.78 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,781,893 shares of Silver Wheaton Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,877,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.75-$18.79 after having opened the day at $18.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.27. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Pacific Booker Minerals ( PBM), down 14.1%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 14.0%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 12.6% and Cubic Energy ( QBC), down 12.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Silver Wheaton Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.