American Electric Power ( AEP) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, American Electric Power rose $0.69 (1.6%) to $44.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,709,429 shares of American Electric Power exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,231,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.16-$44.71 after having opened the day at $44.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.91. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), up 7.7%, China Hydroelectric Corporation ( CHC), up 7.7%, Huaneng Power International ( HNP), up 6.6% and Western Gas Equity Partners ( WGP), up 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Electric Power Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.