CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose $1.53 (3.5%) to $45.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,229,218 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,821,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.87-$45.98 after having opened the day at $44.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.36. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Birks & Mayors ( BMJ), up 6.0%, Barnes & Noble ( BKS), up 5.5%, Cencosud ( CNCO), up 3.6% and Tumi Holdings ( TUMI), up 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.