Health Care REIT ( HCN) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Health Care REIT rose $1.10 (1.7%) to $65.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,813,721 shares of Health Care REIT exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,406,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.81-$65.63 after having opened the day at $64.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.39. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), up 20.2%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 10.8%, American Realty Investors ( ARL), up 10.3% and Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), up 9.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Health Care REIT Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.