United States Steel Corporation ( X) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.8%. By the end of trading, United States Steel Corporation rose $0.41 (2.4%) to $17.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,472,621 shares of United States Steel Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,527,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.02-$17.65 after having opened the day at $17.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.05. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Great Basin Gold ( GBG), up 15.6%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 15.0%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 14.5% and Synalloy Corporation ( SYNL), up 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full United States Steel Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.