Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney rose $0.64 (1.0%) to $63.21 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,684,379 shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,453,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.75-$63.46 after having opened the day at $62.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.57. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Media General ( MEG), up 11.5%, Pandora Media ( P), up 8.0%, LIN TV Corporation ( TVL), up 7.3% and AirMedia Group ( AMCN), up 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.