MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $0.58 (1.3%) to $45.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,843,269 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,081,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.67-$45.63 after having opened the day at $45.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.82. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MBIA ( MBI), up 4.9%, Erie Indemnity Company ( ERIE), up 4.8%, Donegal Group ( DGICB), up 3.5% and Hartford Financial Services Group ( HIG), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.