Abbott Laboratories ( ABT) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Abbott Laboratories rose $0.49 (1.4%) to $35.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,785,613 shares of Abbott Laboratories exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,026,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.14-$35.79 after having opened the day at $35.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.11. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Vision-Sciences Inc (DE ( VSCI), up 9.6%, Cardica ( CRDC), up 8.7%, Dehaier Medical Systems ( DHRM), up 8.5% and IMRIS ( IMRS), up 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Abbott Laboratories Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.