PepsiCo ( PEP) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, PepsiCo rose $1.26 (1.6%) to $81.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,446,442 shares of PepsiCo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,128,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.62-$81.57 after having opened the day at $80.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.04. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Westport Innovations ( WPRT), up 7.5%, Appliance Recycling Centers Of America ( ARCI), up 7.4%, Entertainment Gaming Asia ( EGT), up 7.4% and Harman International Industries ( HAR), up 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PepsiCo Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.