3M ( MMM) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.7%. By the end of trading, 3M rose $1.44 (1.3%) to $109.68 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,513,283 shares of 3M exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,866,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $108.73-$109.98 after having opened the day at $109.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $108.24. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: AcelRx Pharmaceuticals ( ACRX), up 3.2% and Trio Merger ( TRIO), up 1.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.