Williams Companies ( WMB) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Williams Companies rose $0.75 (2.4%) to $32.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,234,144 shares of Williams Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,516,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.56-$33.94 after having opened the day at $33.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.90. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Great Basin Gold ( GBG), up 15.6%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 15.0%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 14.5% and PostRock Energy ( PSTR), up 11.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.