- Splunk Virtual Index (patent pending): Splunk virtual index technology enables the seamless use of the entire Splunk technology stack, including the Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL), for interactive exploration, analysis and visualization of data stored anywhere, as if it was stored in a Splunk software index. Hunk uses this foundational technology and is the first product to come from this innovation.
- Explore Data in Hadoop from One Place: Hunk is designed for interactive data exploration across large, diverse data sets. There is no requirement to “understand” data upfront, simply point Hunk at the Hadoop cluster and start exploring data immediately.
- Interactive Analysis of Data in Hadoop: Hunk enables users to drive deep analysis, detect patterns and find anomalies across terabytes and petabytes of data. Users can correlate data to spot trends, identify patterns of interest and enrich insights even further by connecting data from external relational databases using Splunk DB Connect.
- Report on and Visualize Data in Hadoop: Users can build advanced graphs and charts on-the-fly to make their data more meaningful. Share these with other users on laptops, tablets or other mobile devices.
- Create Custom Dashboards: Hunk users can combine multiple charts, views and reports into role-specific dashboards which can be viewed and edited on laptops, tablets or other mobile devices. Hunk also allows users to ensure secure access with role-based access controls.
Works with Leading Hadoop Distributions“Cloudera and Splunk continue to push the boundaries of what can be done with big data, and with this announcement Splunk is bringing more of its considerable innovation and expertise to the Hadoop community. Cloudera looks forward to continue working with Splunk to certify Hunk on the Cloudera Distribution for Apache Hadoop,” said Tim Stevens, vice president, Business and Corporate Development, Cloudera. “Hunk brings the ease of use and rapid, interactive analytics Splunk is known for to data in Hadoop. Hortonworks is working very closely at an engineering level with Splunk to certify Hunk on the Hortonworks Data Platform including integration with Apache Ambari, and we look forward to introducing our joint customers to a new set of possibilities,” said Shaun Connolly, vice president of corporate strategy, Hortonworks. “Hunk brings to tens of thousands of organizations the ability to replace costly storage systems with MapR's enterprise-grade distribution for Hadoop, providing the resilience and performance that they demand. MapR is excited to work with Splunk in certifying Hunk to perform interactive analysis on data in a MapR cluster,” said Bill Bonin, vice president of business development, MapR Technologies. Splunk is accepting a limited number of participants in the Hunk private beta. Please contact Splunk if you are interested in participating in the beta program. Go to the Splunk website to learn more about Hunk. Register now for .conf2013, the 4 th Annual Splunk Worldwide Users’ Conference, featuring more than 100 sessions by Splunk customers, partners, experts and employees. .conf2013 is being held September 30-October 3 at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. About Splunk Inc. Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) provides the engine for machine data™. Splunk® software collects, indexes and harnesses the machine-generated big data coming from the websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices that power business. Splunk software enables organizations to monitor, search, analyze, visualize and act on massive streams of real-time and historical machine data. 5,600 enterprises, universities, government agencies and service providers in over 90 countries use Splunk Enterprise to gain Operational Intelligence that deepens business and customer understanding, improves service and uptime, reduces cost and mitigates cybersecurity risk. Splunk Storm®, a cloud-based subscription service, is used by organizations developing and running applications in the cloud. To learn more, please visit www.splunk.com/company. Splunk, Splunk>, Splunk Storm, Listen to Your Data, SPL and The Engine for Machine Data are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. Apache Hadoop and Hadoop are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. © 2013 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.