Kinross Gold Corporation ( KGC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Kinross Gold Corporation fell $0.05 (-1.0%) to $4.82 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8,012,644 shares of Kinross Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,233,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $4.80-$4.94 after having opened the day at $4.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.87. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), down 18.8%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 16.7%, American Vanguard Corporation ( AVD), down 16.4% and Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 15.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Kinross Gold Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.