Orange Business Services and MobileIron, a leader in security and management for mobile apps, documents and devices, are partnering to launch a new version of Device Management Premium managed service. Device Management Premium, a smartphone and tablet management system for fleets of more than 300 devices, uses MobileIron's technologies and is available on a worldwide basis. The partnership with MobileIron takes the existing offer beyond traditional mobile fleet management functions – user profile and device management, security policy application, configuration of embedded apps, mobile personalization – to offer an advanced, highly secure version of the solution. Available in either a private or cloud mode, this version features:
- application management: To address bring your own device (BYOD), fleet managers can create a secure barrier between personal and professional applications and data. Each business application will communicate with the company's server via a distinct and secure tunnel, and the application data stored on the device will be automatically encrypted. Administrators can also limit access to certain corporate applications from personal devices.
- content management: Employees can view and save the documents they need to work on the go using their tablet or smartphone. Access to certain resources can be restricted or limited to read-only based on users' profiles and data sensitivity. The documents saved will be stored in an isolated container which the administrator can remotely delete if the device is lost or stolen.
Already available in a cloud-mode, Device Management Premium will be available in an integrated version for companies that want to host it on their own infrastructures. Device Management Premium is an agnostic solution which works with all fleet and network operators via WiFi and mobile network. Device Management Premium helps companies control costs by enabling policies to minimize roaming and data usage charges and by being billed per device, per month.Beyond device management, Orange Business Services provides full set of mobility solutions and services to help companies manage mobility globally As a leading international operator, Orange Business Services offers MNCs global connectivity in 32 countries served by Orange and extending to 82 countries served by the Freemove alliance. Additionally, Orange Business Services offers the following mobility solutions and services:
- mobile cost control – Orange Business Services helps companies anticipate and manage costs – a highly critical issue in an international environment – through its Orange Telecom Expense Management solution and by leveraging the global WiFi network and also developing the right end-user segmentation;
- consulting on BYOD and security – Employing specific mobile security services as well as Orange consulting services, Orange Business Services advises customers on BYOD best practices;
- mobile workspace – Ready-to-use devices with customer business applications and Orange collaboration tools are fully supported by Orange Business Services.
About MobileIronThe leader in security and management for mobile apps, documents, and devices, MobileIron's mission is to enable global companies to become Mobile First organizations, embracing mobility as their primary IT platform in order to transform their businesses and increase their competitiveness. Recognized by IDC as the fastest growing mobile enterprise management vendor in the world, MobileIron provides the scalable architecture, rapid innovation, and best practices for global companies to transform into Mobile First organizations. Leading global companies use MobileIron as the foundation for their Mobile First initiatives, including 8 of the top 10 automotive manufacturers, 7 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies, 5 of the top 10 banks, 5 of the top 10 law firms, and 4 of the top 10 retailers. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com. About Orange Business Services Orange Business Services, the France Telecom-Orange branch dedicated to B2B services, is a leading global integrator of communications solutions for multinational corporations. With the world's largest, seamless network for voice and data, Orange Business Services reaches 220 countries and territories with local support in 166. Offering a comprehensive package of communication services covering cloud computing, enterprise mobility, M2M, security, unified communications, videoconferencing, and broadband, Orange Business Services delivers a best-in-class customer experience across a global landscape. Thousands of enterprise customers and 1.4 million mobile data users rely on an Orange Business Services international platform for communicating and conducting business. Orange Business Services was awarded three of the telecom industry’s highest accolades at the annual World Communication Awards 2012 – Best Global Operator, Best Cloud Service and the User’s Choice Award. Orange Business Services is a five-time winner of Best Global Operator. Learn more at www.orange-business.com. France Telecom-Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with annual sales of 43.5 billion euros in 2012 and has 170,000 employees worldwide at March 31, 2013. Orange is the Group's single brand for Internet, television and mobile services in the majority of countries where the company operates. France Telecom (NYSE:FTE) is listed on Euronext Paris (compartment A) and on the New York Stock Exchange.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trademarks of Orange Brand Services Limited, Orange France or France Telecom.