- Massive Horizontal Scale and Increased Performance - XenServer 6.2 delivers best of breed capabilities while running 500 virtual machines and 4,000 vCPUs per host, and significantly improving boot storm performance. As a result, customers can drastically improve their desktop virtualization density and performance, and more easily future proof their infrastructure for the cloud.
- Windows 8 and Windows 2012 Support - XenServer 6.2 leverages platform enhancements in Windows 8 and Windows 2012 to bring even greater server consolidation when virtualizing workloads.
- Desktop Virtualization Integrations - XenServer is already optimized for XenDesktop®, offering IntelliCache, Dynamic Memory Control, lowest TCO and best-in-class performance. XenServer 6.2 continues to be optimized for desktop virtualization, adding new Desktop Director alerts for low resources (memory, CPU, disk, network) and preemptive actions to prevent hosts from becoming unusable.
Mark Bowker, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group“On premise, off premise and hybrid cloud computing architectures demand an open approach to help IT efficiently drive innovation further and faster. Citrix XenServer 6.2 highlights the effectiveness open source is having in enterprise IT and how Citrix is driving the success of virtualization and cloud into today’s modern datacenter.” Ian Rae, CEO, CloudOps “Open source clouds are our business and XenServer has been part of our vision for quite some time. The Citrix commitment to fully open sourcing XenServer is a strong message to the market that they are serious about providing the virtualization platform for the next datacenter shift being driven by cloud.” Jason Waxman, VP & GM of Cloud Platform Group, Intel “The ongoing commitment from Citrix to open source product development is driving increased adoption in our enterprise customer base. An open source XenServer accelerates the ability of both Intel and Citrix to bring the value of our collaborations and access to advanced Intel technologies, like hardware assisted security with Intel TXT, to XenServer users.” Iain Balmer, global head of Instacompute Architecture & Engineering, Tata Communications “Citrix has outlined a strong open source strategy for XenServer. Providing a simple path for customers and partners to impact the future of XenServer should enable accelerated innovation and ensure we are providing the best possible virtualization platform to our cloud customers.” Related Links
- Blog: XenServer 6.2 is now fully open source!
- Blog: Introducing XenServer the Project
- Partner Blog (Intel): Not Your Mother’s Open Source
- Partner Announcement (Goliath Technologies): Goliath Technologies Announces MonitorIT® Support for Citrix XenServer 6.2
- Announcement: Citrix and Industry Leaders Usher in New Era for Open Source Xen
- Blog: Xen is now a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project
- Blog: A More Open Xen = A Stronger XenServer
- Announcement: Citrix XenServer Ranked Server Virtualization Champion
- XenServer product page
- Twitter: @Citrix, @XenServerArmy, @CitrixCloud, #OpenXenServer
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix®, CloudPlatform™, XenDesktop® and XenServer® are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.