Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Wells Fargo ( WFC) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Wells Fargo rose $0.87 (2.2%) to $40.96 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 37,660,148 shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 20,556,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.15-$41.20 after having opened the day at $40.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.09. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Patriot National Bancorp ( PNBK), up 14.4%, 1st Century Bancshrs ( FCTY), up 10.1%, Ameriana Bancorp ( ASBI), up 9.8% and Southern Missouri Bancorp ( SMBC), up 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.