Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.1%. By the end of trading, Chevron fell $2.55 (-2.1%) to $117.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,542,435 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,390,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $117.57-$119.66 after having opened the day at $119.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $120.50. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 14.3%, TransGlobe Energy Corporation ( TGA), down 13.2%, Saratoga Resources ( SARA), down 9.8% and Petroquest Energy ( PQ), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.