- To the south are the "business districts" that connect with other parts of the organization: IT, sales and service, general marketing, business intelligence and general advertising, which is often outsourced to agencies.
- The stop in the center, labeled "digital marketing hub," is the central station where all of the functions converge.
- In the northwest are services aimed at awareness and traffic: advertising and search.
- In the northeast are services concerned with engagement quality: creative and user experience.
- Due north are services concerned with engagement quality: creative and user experience.
- Mobile and emerging technology loops indicate that they touch all other categories. The broken line representing emerging technology indicates areas under construction.
More detailed analysis is available in the report "Toolkit: The Digital Marketing Transit Map." The report is available on Gartner's website at http://www.gartner.com/resId=2500915. Additional information and resources on the digital marketing transit map can be found at http://gtnr.it/14I0qh7.Mr. Frank will provide additional details on the transit map in the complimentary webinar, "Making Sense of the Digital Marketing Landscape," today (June 20), at 9 a.m. EDT and noon EDT. He will explain how clients can use Gartner's interactive transit map to understand connections, evaluate solutions, and put your organization on a rational course. To register for the webinar, please visit http://gtnr.it/14FU9me. This research is part of the Gartner for Marketing Leaders program. This program provides real-time, personalized digital marketing guidance, from vision through execution. Gartner for Marketing Leaders is focused on helping digital marketers succeed in eight key areas: emerging digital marketing trends and techniques, social marketing, mobile marketing, monetizing digital marketing through commerce, multichannel marketing, data-driven marketing, digital marketing essentials and digital marketing programs. Additional information is available at http://www.gartner.com/digitalmarketing. For additional details, email GML@gartner.com. About Gartner Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is a valuable partner in more than 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, Gartner works with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 5,500 associates, including 1,402 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.