NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced the launch of a special program designed to help children and adults “Get Reading” this summer with the help of exclusive recommended reading lists from celebrated authors and popular celebrities. Every weekend, customers can receive selections from these recommendations and more in the NOOK Book Two-for-One Weekends offer. Additionally, all Barnes & Noble locations will host free and fun NOOK events featuring activities to help customers get the most out of reading and NOOK this summer. Customers can visit www.nook.com/getreading to access exclusive recommended reading lists from celebrated authors including Judy Blume, Jeff Kinney and James Patterson, as well as popular celebrities like Mindy Kaling, Bob Harper, Jim Gaffigan, Martha Stewart, and Giada De Laurentiis, all designed to inspire summer reading. Select NOOK Book titles featured in these exciting reading lists will also be included in the NOOK Book Two-for-One Weekends offer in Barnes & Noble stores nationwide throughout the summer. The first NOOK Book Two-for-One offer is available Saturday, June 22, and features select titles from James Patterson’s and Mindy Kaling’s recommended reading lists, including:
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
- The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith
- The Falls by Joyce Carol Oates
- Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
- Warriors #1 by Erin Hunter
- The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
Featured “Get Reading” NOOK events include:
- Discover the World with NOOK: Planning a vacation or weekend getaway? This free NOOK event will help customers discover how NOOK can enhance summer vacations by putting all the essentials at your fingertips, including travel guides, maps, apps, games, beach reads and other summer reading selections. NOOK experts will be on hand to answer questions and share fun and interesting ideas on making summer travel more fun and exciting with NOOK.
- Get Creative with NOOK: NOOK experts will help customers discover all the ways NOOK can jumpstart creativity so they can doodle, draw, paint, craft and more through art apps, photo storage options and other creativity-related NOOK Books and NOOK Newsstand ™ selections.
www.nook.com/freenookapps. NOOK owners receive Always Free NOOK Support in any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 bookstores. Find NOOK devices in Barnes & Noble stores and online at www.nook.com, as well as leading retailers including Best Buy, Walmart, Target and many others. NOOK products are available in the United Kingdom through www.nook.co.uk and leading retailers. For more information on NOOK, follow us on www.twitter.com/nookBN or www.twitter.com/nook_UK and www.facebook.com/nook.