Staples, the world’s largest office products company, today announced the launch of its first omnichannel stores, which combine the power of the company’s expansive retail network with the digital capabilities of the world’s second largest internet retailer. The stores, located in Norwood, MA, and Dover, DE, incorporate Staples.com and Staples' mobile assets into the retail experience, letting customers shop how they want.
The omnichannel stores enable Staples to test and launch products and capabilities as the company brings the latest features to its retail network. Additional features of the new stores include:
- A Business Lounge, combining digital interactions with the store experience. The Business Lounge includes meeting space and work stations for mobile professionals and lets customers research and order from Staples’ expanded selection of products
- The ability to reserve online and pick up in store, providing the convenience of Staples’ retail network to online shoppers
- New Staples EasyTech™ and Copy & Print spaces, displaying the latest service offerings and featuring consultation areas that allow Staples’ trained associates to better assist small business customers
- Staples.com and omnichannel touch screen stations, which provide an “endless aisle” experience with Staples’ expanded assortment online
- An ink and toner finder, which lets customers easily track past purchases and find the right ink and toner for them. If their exact ink isn’t available in-store, a Staples associate can help them order it online and ship it to them for free, another reason Staples is America’s number one choice for ink and toner