Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Emerson Electric ( EMR) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Emerson Electric rose $0.78 (1.4%) to $57.34 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,489,638 shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,695,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.61-$57.58 after having opened the day at $56.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.56. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: China Valves Technology ( CVVT), up 33.9%, China Recycling Energy Corporation ( CREG), up 9.9%, China Advanced Construction Materials Group ( CADC), up 9.1% and ZBB Energy Corporation ( ZBB), up 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.