Interactive Intelligence Group Inc. (Nasdaq: ININ) had record attendance at its annual global Interactions 2013 conference, drawing 1,800-plus attendees from 35 countries. The company, which provides unified IP business communications software and services to enterprises and contact centers worldwide, hosted the conference May 13-16 at its headquarters city of Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. This year’s conference theme, “Deliver the Experience,” was designed to provide education about the technologies and best practices that help organizations deliver an improved service experience to their customers. “This year’s conference theme really struck a chord with attendees,” said Interactive Intelligence founder and CEO, Dr. Donald E. Brown. “And it’s no wonder. Companies are seeing the value and opportunity to differentiate themselves through the delivery of great customer service. We designed Interactions 2013 to convey practical, thought-leading information by providing more than 120 sessions focused on everything from effectively personalizing customer service and soliciting customer feedback, to developing a mobile customer service strategy and identifying customer service issues before they escalate.” Interactions 2013 featured an inspirational opening keynote from NASA Apollo 13 legends, Jim Lovell and Gene Kranz, along with a service-focused presentation by Angie’s List founder, Angie Hicks. The conference closed with a product futures presentation by Dr. Brown. “Our 12 to 24-month product roadmap includes continued heavy investment in research and development, exciting cloud-based service enhancements, and significant improvements in scalability and security,” Dr. Brown said. “Of course, we’ll continue to focus on providing all the tools and applications necessary to turn customer service into a competitive weapon.” Other Interactions 2013 highlights included an expert panel of industry analysts and consultants who shared their insights into hot topics such as the cloud, mobile and social media communications. In addition, the results of an Interactive Intelligence-sponsored customer service experience survey were unveiled, which revealed some surprising findings about customer preferences related to agent behavior and the technology used in a customer service interaction. Also featured at Interactions 2013 was an Interactive T.V. booth where Interactive Intelligence customers were interviewed about their communications technology deployments. Among these were the following:
- Blinds.com shared advice and benefits as a result of deploying the Interactive Intelligence business process automation application, Interaction Process Automation™. Watch the video now.
- FORUM Credit Union discussed its deployment of the Interactive Intelligence all-in-one IP communications software suite, Customer Interaction Center™, highlighting its use of web chat for customer feedback, remote agent support, and other applications it uses to improve customer service and performance management. Watch the video now.
- Vox Pro Communications based in Ireland shared details about its migration from the Interactive Intelligence on-premises solution to the vendor’s communications-as-a-service (Interactive Intelligence CaaS℠) solution, including benefits such as simplified management, increased scalability, and faster roll-out of new sites and applications. Watch the video now.
- COMMfusion President and Principal Analyst, Blair Pleasant, discussed vendor “dos and don’ts” when providing customer service via social media. Watch the video now.
- Communication Initiatives President, Elizabeth Herrell, discussed cloud communications trends, drivers and benefits. Watch the video now.
- IDC Research Analyst for Worldwide Contact Center Services, Melissa O’Brien, discussed customer experience trends, such as the shift away from transactional customer service, the role of the chief experience officer, and multichannel customer service. Watch the video now.
- Limebridge Australia Associate Director, Lyn Trewenack, discussed the importance of tailoring the customer experience, the role of the chief customer officer, and the growing power of the consumer. Watch the video now.
- UniComm Consulting Principal, Don Van Doren, discussed the drivers, challenges and benefits of business process automation, including new technologies and best practices for deployment. Watch the video now.
Interactive Intelligence is the owner of the marks INTERACTIVE INTELLIGENCE, its associated LOGO and numerous other marks. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.ININ-G