Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Ametek ( AME) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Ametek fell $0.86 (-2.0%) to $41.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,892,369 shares of Ametek exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,006,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.68-$43.21 after having opened the day at $43.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.76. Other companies within the Electronics industry that declined today were: Pixelworks ( PXLW), down 13.2%, Aetrium Incorporated ( ATRM), down 10.5%, Revolution Lighting Technologies ( RVLT), down 8.7% and Plug Power ( PLUG), down 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ametek Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.