NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, announced today that it will extend its “best prices ever” Father’s Day promotion for the acclaimed NOOK HD and NOOK HD+. NOOK HD is available at just $129 (8GB) and $149 (16GB), and NOOK HD+ is offered at $149 (16GB) and $179 (32GB) at Barnes & Noble bookstores and on NOOK.com. This limited-time pricing on NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ is also available through other leading retailers. “With the fantastic success of our Father’s Day promotion, we decided to extend the great prices on NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ to help our customers gear up for a great summer reading season,” said Jamie Iannone, President of NOOK Media. “In our stores and online, customers have embraced these beautifully designed, lightweight devices with stunning displays that offer great reading and entertainment content. We’re thrilled to keep in place our best prices ever and deliver great value to make reading more affordable.” The company recently announced it was expanding its extensive catalog of reading and entertainment with Google Play on NOOK HD and NOOK HD+. NOOK lovers can now enjoy the best in reading and entertainment on NOOK with access to one of the world’s largest digital reading content catalogs, with more than 700,000 Android apps and games, millions of songs, thousands of movies and TV shows, plus popular Google services like the Chrome ™ browser, Gmail ™, YouTube ™, Google Search ™ and Google Maps ™. NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ Features More than 700,000 Android Apps and Games: Customers can choose from more than 700,000 great apps all ready to enjoy right away. The NOOK Store ™ continues to feature a wide selection of thousands of high-quality NOOK Apps ™ tailored for the devices. Millions of Songs: The addition of Google Play Music lets customers browse millions of songs, discover new artists and fill NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ with favorite tracks to enjoy anytime. Favorite Movies & TV Shows: Customers can choose from thousands of new movie releases, award-winning films, the latest TV episodes and past seasons from favorite TV series. They can stream movies and TV shows to watch instantly on NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ or make them available offline to watch later, even when not connected to Wi-Fi. The Very Best in Reading: The NOOK Store offers more than 3 million books, including more than 1 million free titles, as well as thousands of magazines and newspapers in spectacular HD each available for a 14-day free trial. Browse favorite catalogs like never before. Fast Web Browsing: Customers can enjoy fast start-up and page loading, and an unlimited number of tabs open at once with the new Chrome browser. Great Google Services: Customers have instant access to Google Search, Gmail, YouTube and Google Maps, now built in to NOOK HD or NOOK HD+. They can sync calendars across multiple devices and check email from any account including Exchange, Yahoo! and Hotmail. Additional Great Tablet Features Include:
- Stunning HD Displays: Crisp text and beautiful graphics make books and magazines stunning to read and movies a joy to watch.
- Light and Portable: Weighing in at only 11.1 ounces and 18.2 ounces respectively, NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ are light and easy to hold for hours of enjoyment.
- NOOK Profiles™: A personalized experience instantly transforms the device in hand to any family member’s very own tablet so only they can see their own content.
- NOOK Channels™: This pioneering recommendation system provides an easy way to discover new titles by theme.
- The ability for customers to sync the last page read on any NOOK Book™ across NOOK devices and apps so they don’t lose their place.
- Expandable memory on the devices and free unlimited NOOK Cloud™ storage for all NOOK content.
- Adjustable fonts, spacing and themes for a customized reading experience.
- Powerful dual-core processors and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.