Half of American restaurant-goers admit to experiencing “ Food Envy” – feelings of jealousy, remorse or insecurity – about how their order compares to those around them when they dine out, according to a recent survey * conducted by Applebee’s ® restaurants, America’s favorite neighborhood grill and bar.
- 60 percent of Millennials (ages 18-29) admit to experiencing “Food Envy.”
- More than half of Millennials order last at a restaurant so they can see what others order first.
- Millennial women have it the worst, with 70 percent reporting they experience “Food Envy” on a regular basis.
- The Green Goddess Wedge Salad pays homage to the retro Green Goddess dressing. This creamy avocado and basil based dressing is ladled over a crisp wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with bacon, honey-glazed pecans, bleu cheese and parsley.
- The Garlic Rosemary Chicken Pasta is grilled chicken glazed with garlic, thyme and rosemary, paired with grilled asparagus, artichokes, portabello mushrooms and roasted tomatoes and served over a bowl of fettuccine and lightly tossed in bruschetta with toasted garlic bread.
- The Blackened Sirloin is a 4oz. sirloin rubbed with blackened seasonings and basted with lime butter served on a bed of crispy red potatoes tossed in a tomato pesto sauce. A side of steamed red potatoes adds color and flavor to this new summertime favorite.
- The Lemon Shrimp Fettuccine features citrus notes perfect for summer. Seared plump shrimp are complemented with tomatoes, onions, fresh spinach and basil and served over fettuccine noodles lightly tossed in a roasted garlic cream sauce and topped with artichokes, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese blend.
- The Seasonal Berry and Spinach Salad is so fresh and flavorful, it can go with almost any pairing! Fresh blueberries, sliced ripe strawberries and vibrant spinach are tossed in our strawberry vinaigrette then topped with grilled chicken breast, bleu cheese crumbles and honey-glazed pecans.