Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Cablevision Systems ( CVC) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Cablevision Systems rose $0.51 (3.6%) to $14.68 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,260,287 shares of Cablevision Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,821,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.92-$14.84 after having opened the day at $14.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.17. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Restoration Hardware Holdings ( RH), up 16.1%, Hastings Entertainment ( HAST), up 14.3%, QKL Stores ( QKLS), up 14.1% and China Distance Education Holdings ( DL), up 11.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.