Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose $0.20 (1.2%) to $17.22 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,106,233 shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,671,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.95-$17.46 after having opened the day at $16.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.02. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: BCSB Bankcorp ( BCSB), up 28.4%, Carver Bancorp ( CARV), up 16.0%, Prudential Bancorp Inc. of Pennsylvania ( PBIP), up 15.1% and Cordia Bancorp ( BVA), up 13.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Host Hotels & Resorts Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.