Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Discover Financial Services ( DFS) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Discover Financial Services fell $0.79 (-1.6%) to $47.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,879,524 shares of Discover Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,660,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.36-$48.86 after having opened the day at $48.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.26. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Medley Capital ( MCC), down 7.0%, Paulson Capital ( PLCC), down 6.7%, Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), down 6.5% and Virtus Investment Partners ( VRTS), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Discover Financial Services Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.