Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model American Electric Power ( AEP) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, American Electric Power fell $0.55 (-1.2%) to $45.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,262,950 shares of American Electric Power exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,849,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $45.31-$45.84 after having opened the day at $45.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.91. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Portland General Electric Company ( POR), down 4.8%, Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), down 4.7%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), down 4.2% and Huaneng Power International ( HNP), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Electric Power Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.