Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $2.83 (-1.3%) to $222.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 996,298 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,446,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $220.47-$226.60 after having opened the day at $225.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $225.02. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Dynavax Technologies Corporation ( DVAX), down 43.3%, Echo Therapeutics ( ECTE), down 25.8%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company ( AXN), down 15.4% and Senesco Technologies ( SNTI), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.