- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 8.12 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, ISLE maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.71, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, ISLE OF CAPRI CASINOS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ISLE OF CAPRI CASINOS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ISLE OF CAPRI CASINOS INC reported poor results of -$1.17 versus -$0.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.57 versus -$1.17).
- ISLE, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- 47.00% is the gross profit margin for ISLE OF CAPRI CASINOS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ISLE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ISLE's net profit margin of -16.93% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more..