Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company rose $2.93 (3.0%) to $101.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,077,643 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,533,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $99.53-$101.95 after having opened the day at $99.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.72. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 19.1%, BMB Munai ( BMBM), up 15.9%, Constellation Energy Partners ( CEP), up 11.8% and Kimber Resources ( KBX), up 10.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.