While discussing what he called the "real Walmart" and "the real opportunity" that the company provides, Duke welcomed on stage dozens of associates from around the world, including five of his own direct reports, who represent:
- the 75 percent of U.S. store management teams who started at Walmart as hourly associates;
- the 180,000 associates at Walmart U.S. and Sam's Club who were promoted last year;
- Walmart's commitment to increasing training and career advancement opportunities, including for one million women around the world;
- Walmart's commitment and plan to hire 100,000 veterans over the next five years; and
- the 300,000 associates who have worked at Walmart for over a decade.