DETROIT, June 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, today announced the availability of a whitepaper it commissioned outlining keys to automakers' future success. This success, the whitepaper notes, is predicated upon how successfully automakers (often called original equipment manufacturers, or OEMs), incorporate technology not only into "smart vehicles," but also into the "digital lifestyles" of their customers.
- It's becoming an owner-centric world. Consumers, although optimistic about future technology, nonetheless demand value and results that likely will shift industry attitudes in a way that places the owner, not the vehicle, at the center of the digital equation.
- Relationships are transforming. In the past, manufacturers only had direct engagement with car owners for about 10 hours of the typical 1,460-day ownership period--less than 3/100 of one percent of the time. Now, through owner-centric technology, OEMs can have a lucrative and ongoing stream of engagement and revenue opportunities benefiting both during the entire ownership period.
- Data continues to explode, multiply. As the sheer amount of data continues to expand, an independent interoperability platform like Covisint's will increasingly become critical to successfully integrating and delivering value-added services from multiple sources.
The Covisint-sponsored whitepaper uncovered that the technology-driven benefits desired by car owners, in priority order, include:
- bringing transportation info (maps, traffic, parking) into the vehicle;
- updating vehicle software automatically; and,
- transferring personal settings from different devices and vehicles.
CONTACT: Media Contact Doug Anter, Public Relations Manager, Compuware Covisint firstname.lastname@example.org, 313-227-0127 For Sales and Marketing Information Compuware Corporation, One Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226, 800-521-9353, http://www.compuware.com