STUART, Fla., June 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ecosphere Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB:ESPH), a water engineering, technology licensing and innovative U.S. manufacturing company, today announced that its Board of Directors approved a five percent (5%) common stock dividend to all common shareholders of record as of June 15, 2013. "We are pleased to announce a stock dividend to reward our shareholders for their continued loyalty," stated Ecosphere Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dennis McGuire. "In recent years, Ecosphere has made significant strides in reducing debt and generating positive cash flow for the Company. We positioned Ecosphere to be a leading developer of innovative, patented solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges and have been recognized by leading industry peers. The Board of Directors joins me in thanking our shareholders for their continued support." Ecosphere Chief Financial Officer David Brooks added, "The Company's innovative patented Ozonix® technology has fueled our rapid growth to date. We believe it's the right time to reward our shareholders for our improved financial position." 2012 Highlights and Recent Key Achievements
- 2012 revenue increased by approximately 48% over 2011
- 2012 was the first year of net income in Company history
- 2012 was the second consecutive year of positive cash flow from operations
- On May 24, 2013, Ecosphere sold 12% of its ownership interest in Ecosphere Energy Services ("EES") to Fidelity National Financial, Inc. ("FNF"), for $6 million.
- Ecosphere recognized a $28 million gain from the FNF transaction.
- Since 2008, Ecosphere has generated approximately $63 million of revenue related to the manufacture, delivery and operation of 42 Ozonix® mobile wastewater treatment systems for the oil and gas industry.
- Since 2008, the Ecosphere Ozonix® technology has been used to treat, recycle and reuse approximately 3 billion gallons of water on more than 700 oil and natural gas wells in major shale plays around the United States.
- Ecosphere was chosen by Bloomberg New Energy Finance as a 2013 New Energy Pioneer
- Ecosphere was chosen as a 2013 IHS CERAWeek Energy Innovation Pioneer
- Ecosphere was awarded the Frost & Sullivan 2012 "North American Product Leadership Award" for disinfection equipment in the shale oil and gas wastewater treatment market
- Ecosphere was chosen for the last three (3) consecutive years as an Artemis "Top 50" water treatment company.
Since 2008, Ecosphere has enabled oil and gas customers to treat, recycle and reuse over 3 billion gallons of water on more than 700 oil and natural gas wells in major shale plays around the United States. Ecosphere was chosen by Bloomberg as a 2013 New Energy Pioneer and selected by IHS CERAWeek as a 2013 Energy Innovation Pioneer. Ecosphere is also a recipient of the 2012 Frost & Sullivan North American Product Leadership Award in Disinfection Equipment for Shale Oil and Gas Wastewater Treatment.For more information, please visit www.EcosphereTech.com. To receive timely information on Ecosphere Technologies, sign up for Ecosphere's email news alert system at http://www.ESPH-IR.com.
CONTACT: Investor Relations: Gary Dvorchak, CFA Senior Vice President ICR, Inc. +1 (310) 954-1123 firstname.lastname@example.org Press and Media Relations: Brian Ruby Vice President ICR, Inc. +1 (203) 682-8268 email@example.com Company: Corey McGuire Director of Marketing Ecosphere Technologies, Inc. +1 (772) 287-4846 firstname.lastname@example.org