Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar fell $1.50 (-1.8%) to $84.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,269,729 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,113,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $84.23-$85.73 after having opened the day at $85.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.92. Other companies within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Exide Technologies ( XIDE), down 15.1%, Cleantech Solutions International ( CLNT), down 8.9%, Mueller Water Products ( MWA), down 8.8% and Intellicheck Mobilisa ( IDN), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.