LAS VEGAS, June 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- INFORMATICA WORLD -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software today introduced Informatica PowerCenter Express, a new downloadable offering that economically addresses the entry-level data integration needs of enterprise departments and small to mid-sized companies. Powered by the Informatica Vibe virtual data machine, PowerCenter Express extends the proven Informatica PowerCenter portfolio to provide customers with a clear growth path from entry-level to enterprise-class data integration capabilities – an ability previously unseen in the market. PowerCenter Express builds on Informatica's industry leading data integration technology and delivers a solution specifically designed to meet the needs of departmental projects and mid-market companies. IT departments are now able to support these previously stranded departmental projects while maintaining corporate standards throughout the organization. The Map Once. Deploy Anywhere. technology in Vibe provides investment protection for all data integration needs ranging from entry level to enterprise level. PowerCenter Express Personal Edition is free for individual users and the Professional Edition will be offered as a yearly subscription, supporting up to five users per server. "Neuralytix is excited about what Informatica is doing. Business innovation comes from individuals or small teams who want to challenge the status quo in search of generating competitive advantage creatively," said Ben Woo, founder and managing director at Neuralytix. "PowerCenter Express allows small businesses or individuals within larger enterprises to easily get started with a fit-for-purpose, high quality data integration solution knowing they can later scale to an enterprise class platform if needed." With PowerCenter Express:
- Departmental groups and mid-sized companies can quickly and cost-effectively incorporate proven data integration capabilities into daily business practices to unleash the potential of their data.
- Corporate IT teamscan better serve "stranded" enterprise departments while retaining corporate-wide control, and migrate PowerCenter Express development work to PowerCenter Enterprise editions, including the Big Data edition - as and when necessary – with no recoding.
A New Paradigm for Departmental and Mid-Market Data IntegrationPowerCenter Express addresses a strategic market segment currently underserved by hand-coding and harder to use, low quality and poor performing open-source data integration offerings. Tailored to the specific needs of departmental projects and mid-market businesses, PowerCenter Express:
- Installs in 5 minutes – Downloadable from Informatica Marketplace, PowerCenter Express can be installed in less than five minutes without the help of IT specialists.
- Powers rapid time-to-value – Graphical codeless development (no need to learn Java, et.al.), an intuitive interface, and pre-packaged cheat sheets and videos that guide users step by step through data integration tasks drives rapid time-to-value.
- Provides an order-of-magnitude performance advantage – In internal benchmark tests, using the TPC-H benchmark data set, against a leading open source solution, PowerCenter Express exhibited overwhelmingly superior performance for many data integration tasks, including 12x faster memory aggregation and 3.1x faster joins.
- Delivers broad connectivity – PowerCenter Express includes prepackaged data integration connectors for the most common data sources such as relational databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL, Sybase, ODBC, JDBC), XML, flat files, web services, social media (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Kapow and DataSift) and semi-structured files (PDF, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Keeps costs low – Simplified administration, configuration-free setup, codeless development, and one-touch Informatica Marketplace integration keeps total cost of ownership low.
CONTACT: Debbie O'Brien Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5735 +1 650 995 6736 firstname.lastname@example.org Stephanie Wakefield Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5261 email@example.com