Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model TJX Companies ( TJX) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, TJX Companies rose $0.56 (1.1%) to $50.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,756,304 shares of TJX Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,978,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.85-$50.74 after having opened the day at $49.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.05. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Destination XL Group ( DXLG), up 32.3%, Casual Male Retail Group ( CMRG), up 32.3%, Orchard Supply Hardware ( OSH), up 30.9% and Guess ( GES), up 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TJX Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.