- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 92.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $57.63 million to $4.60 million.
- The gross profit margin for EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.20%. Regardless of EMMS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EMMS's net profit margin of 8.61% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- EMMS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.48 versus -$0.60 in the prior year.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.