- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $4.40 million or 6.62% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, METROCORP BANCSHARES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -60.08%.
- The gross profit margin for METROCORP BANCSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 89.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MCBI's net profit margin of 18.16% significantly trails the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $2.77 million to $3.03 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, METROCORP BANCSHARES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.