- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 206.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.64 million to -$1.96 million.
- The gross profit margin for COVENANT TRANSPORTATION GRP is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.18% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- COVENANT TRANSPORTATION GRP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COVENANT TRANSPORTATION GRP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.42 versus -$0.97 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 30.9% in earnings ($0.29 versus $0.42).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market, COVENANT TRANSPORTATION GRP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.