REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
- Canon Australia, a world-leading imaging brand, is using ahybrid IT integration solution from Informatica for a comprehensiveview of information around its business deals.
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent provider of dataintegration software, today announced that Canon Australia isusing InformaticaCloud and Informatica PowerCenter as part of a hybrid IT solution topower a unified order management system, which has helped increasesales effectiveness and manage sales success with reducedresources.
- Canon was previously plagued by fragmented data and inefficientmanual workarounds. The company now uses Informatica Cloud tobi-directionally integrate sales data across SalesforceCRM and Oracle E-Business Suite, automatically consolidatingcustomer, pricing, product, order, stock and all other dataassociated with each business deal.
- Armed with timely, relevant and holistic data, Canon's sales,operations and finance teams can now:
- Efficiently manage sales deals and negotiations and track salesorders in Salesforce CRM.
- Respond more quickly and competitively to sales opportunitiesand customer needs.
- Leverage comprehensive and accurate reporting/analytics todrive sales performance and business planning.
- Ensure that no data that can help close a sale is lost oroverlooked.
- Informatica has also reduced data-related costs at Canonby:
- Reducing back office resources and manual data loading betweenSalesforce CRM and Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Effecting rapid automatic data transformations that increasedata quality and accuracy and reduce rework.
- Delivering pre-packaged native cloud integration betweenSalesforce CRM and Oracle, coupled with codeless development forfaster time-to-value and time-to-change.
- Central to Canon's selection of Informatica over other cloudintegration platforms was Informatica's ability to offer aunified cloud data management and hybrid IT solution comprisingInformatica Cloud and Informatica PowerCenter to integrate Canon'scloud-based Salesforce CRM and on-premise Oracle ERPimplementations.
- Looking ahead, Canon's hybrid IT deployment of Informaticasolutions opens the door to leverage complementary Informaticaintegration capabilities, such as masterdata management, dataquality and data archiving, on a single platform to meet future datamanagement needs in the cloud and on-premise.
- "Cloud integration is a dream with Informatica Cloud," said DanByrne, business solutions architect, Canon Australia. "Easy toimplement, maintain and modify, Informatica Cloud and InformaticaPowerCenter work together seamlessly to integrate data across ourcloud and on-premise environments, ensuring we have timely accessto the complete data necessary for driving sales success."
- "Like Canon Australia, today's innovative enterprises utilize amix of cloud and on-premise IT systems that need to be seamlesslyintegrated to unlock their full potential," said Juan Carlos Soto,senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Data Integration,Informatica. "Informatica makes these hybrid IT environments worktogether by offering a wealth of enterprise-class, yet easy to use,cloud integration capabilities. The result is a fast path tocreating a unified data environment, underpinned by a comprehensiveset of powerful and flexible integration solutions."
###Note: Informatica, Informatica Cloud and PowerCenter are trademarks or registered trademarks ofInformatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictionsthroughout the world. All other company and product names may betrade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Debbie O'Brien Corporate Communications 650-385-5735 650-995-6736 (mobile) email@example.com