Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras ( PBR) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras fell $0.36 (-2.0%) to $17.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,495,591 shares of Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,243,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.82-$18.25 after having opened the day at $18.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.28. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Great Basin Gold ( GBG), down 18.8%, Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 14.9%, China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources ( SHZ), down 13.9% and Kimber Resources ( KBX), down 13.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.