Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model WellPoint ( WLP) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, WellPoint fell $1.00 (-1.3%) to $76.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,523,759 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,946,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $76.18-$77.52 after having opened the day at $77.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.98. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: ERBA Diagnostics ( ERB), down 10.2%, Electromed ( ELMD), down 10.0%, GTx ( GTXI), down 9.1% and Bacterin International Holdings ( BONE), down 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.