BURLINGTON, Mass., May 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bridgeline Digital, Inc. (Nasdaq:BLIN), The Digital Engagement Company™, today announced the release of iAPPS 5.0. The iAPPS platform combines superior features and functionality in content management, eCommerce, eMarketing, and web analytics in one all-encompassing .NET platform. The latest version of iAPPS boasts a new cross-channel interface; cutting edge mobile-friendly editing and on-the-go authoring; technology integration from industry leading partners; and an overall enhanced user experience. iAPPS remains the only Web Experience Management platform available as either a SaaS or perpetual license. Since being introduced to the market in 2008, the iAPPS platform has provided thousands of customers with an integrated web solution that puts business context at the forefront of its core value proposition. With iAPPS 5.0, Bridgeline extends that vision and equips customers with easy-to-use tools that optimize their digital assets and capitalize on growing trends in Digital Engagement, particularly around smart mobile device adoption. Research firm Gartner predicts 1.2 billion smart devices will be sold in 2013, up 50% from 2012. iAPPS 5.0 has added both back- and front-end mobile-friendly capabilities. Administrators can edit and publish content on-the-go with a smart phone or tablet in a touch-oriented iAPPS Content Manager. In addition, site visitors can be more precisely targeted with persuasive content based on device type, navigation behavior, and demographics to improve conversion rates and allow visitors to immediately find what they want. Administrators have the ability to preview content in specific device resolutions to test audience segments or device-specific content prior to publishing. iAPPS 5.0 has a new cross-channel interface with customizable mega-menus that improve seamless navigation between each of the iAPPS products. All administrative screens and dashboards across iAPPS have been redesigned with flexible page widths, updated library controls and advancements in back-end usability.
The release also features several new technology partnership integrations that enhance customer experience capabilities. iAPPS 5.0 offers built-in hosting services provided by Brightcove, the leading cloud-based HTML5 video player technology provider, enabling customers to easily embed video onto their website or web store using iAPPS Content Manager. iAPPS 5.0 also integrates services from Clay Tablet, the leading provider of integration software that connects content management systems to translation providers. With Clay Tablet, site administrators can easily translate languages on their website and consolidate content to capitalize on their global presence without having to access developer resources."iAPPS 5.0 takes Digital Engagement to the next level," says Brett Zucker, Chief Technology Officer at Bridgeline Digital. "Our developers have created a solution that offers the enhancements and innovative tools our customers are clamoring for. The feature set is in lock-step with emerging digital trends, while still offering tremendous ease-of-use. We are excited to bring the latest version of the iAPPS platform to our existing customers and the overall market." New or improved features of iAPPS 5.0 include:
- A New Cross-Channel Interface: Includes persona driven mega menus that customize the interface towards personnel and their tasks. The restructured menu allows users to drill into any of the iAPPS modules, at any time.
- Mobile-friendly Editing: Users can leverage a "touch-friendly" Content Manager to edit and publish content on their website using a tablet or smartphone.
- Audience Targeting with Personalized Content: Persuasive content capabilities leverage devices, navigation behavior and demographics to help companies display content that improves conversion rates and allows visitors to quickly find what they want.
- Video Publishing: Brightcove integration enables easy and seamless publication of video content right in Content Manager to drive digital engagement.
- Enhanced Template Builder: iAPPS 5.0 includes a template builder that provides flexibility for administrators to add new features and content containers to existing templates without having to access a developer.
- Built-in Translation Services: Clay Tablet integration allows customers to easily send content through workflow to external translation services to capitalize on global presence without having to use developer resources.
- Multi-Site Workflow with Language Variants Capabilities: Customers can syndicate content by choosing language variants that enable a multi-site workflow, allowing the same website to appear in multiple languages.
- Consolidated Product Catalogs On Multi-Store Fronts: Customers can track eCommerce success by centralizing their product catalog and managing each of their storefronts on a single system.
- Enhanced Asset Security Model: Content is easier than ever to manage. Lock down files or other site assets to audience segments, including automated support through built-in ISYS Enterprise Search.
CONTACT: Kim Brown Bridgeline Digital, Inc. Director, Corporate Communications 781.995.0888 email@example.com