Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Chesapeake Energy rose $0.25 (1.2%) to $21.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 26,170,930 shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,676,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.95-$21.63 after having opened the day at $21.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.85. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Recon Technology ( RCON), up 32.5%, North American Energy Partners Incorporate ( NOA), up 18.6%, Forbes Energy Services ( FES), up 7.8% and Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protege, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.