KANSAS CITY, Mo., May 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cerner's PowerChart Touch ™ – a mobile solution allowing physicians to complete workflows directly from their mobile device -- received a Bronze Award for Best Clinical Heath Care Experience at the 2013 International User Experience Awards yesterday at a ceremony in New York, NY. The awards are presented annually and showcase exceptional digital user experiences. Cerner joins companies like Adobe, Google, and HBO who have won the award in past years. PowerChart Touch is built on Cerner's Millennium+ ™ portfolio and is currently offered on the iPad. PowerChart Touch enhances the physician's user experience by focusing on fast, easy and smart physician solutions. "When the user experience is natural, the technology becomes transparent, allowing the physician to focus on engaging and caring for their patient," said Amanda Buckley, Sr. User Experience Lead. The judges reviewing Cerner's submission looked at several of PowerChart Touch's simple, intuitive design features including:
- Providing physicians with an overview of recent care for the patient including all documentation since the last visit;
- Allowing easy navigation based on a physician's workflow: reviewing the patient's chart, placing orders, documenting findings, billing for services and closing the episode of care;
- Ordering prescriptions throughout the course of a day. This process is made smarter by learning the medications most frequently ordered by the user and presenting them without searching;
- Utilizing multiple patent-pending 'gesturing" options, much like other iOS apps, to note medications a patient is taking; and
- Leveraging speech recognition technology to increase physician productivity by allowing dictation directly into the EMR.