Find time for FitnessElisa Zied, nationally recognized dietician and author urges travelers to " find time for fitness." Whether it be a few pushups in the hotel room, or a day of windsurfing on the ocean, there is always a way to stay active:
- Utilize on-site facilities like those at the Riu Santa Fe All Inclusive. This resort has tennis and volleyball courts, five outdoor pools, kayaks and scuba gear.
- Don't be afraid to go off-site and get the kids out of the hotel room. The Riu Tequila All Inclusive offers shuttles to the Xcaret Eco Theme Park, which will keep children (and adults) active all day long.
- Get creative with workouts and try to incorporate some of the area's culture. The Riu Caribe All Inclusive has salsa lessons to keep you moving and help you learn something new.
- Plan ahead; if you know you're going out for a decadent dinner, take on the resort's salad bar for a light lunch. The Riu Cancun All Inclusive maintains a salad bar during lunch hours.
- Eat smaller portions. Fine dining at the Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas All Inclusive offers multi-course meals that will make you want to keep sampling for hours. By taking small bites, you can taste everything and still leave room for that tres leches cake.